“VOLVO TEST DRIVE & WIN A WEEK IN PARADISE” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over and who hold a valid drivers licence. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating Volvo Dealers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. The promotion commences 01/01/12 and closes 11:59pm AEST 30/06/12 (“Promotional Period”).
4. To be eligible to enter, individuals must receive an eDM from Volvo Car Australia during the Promotional Period.
5. To enter, individuals must then click on the ‘Book a Test Drive’ link on the eDM and insert the requested details. Entrants will then be contacted by their nearest authorised Volvo dealer to confirm date and time of test drive. Test drive of any Volvo model is permitted and must be completed within one (1) month of receipt of an eDM during the Promotional Period. Entrants will be automatically entered into the draw upon completion of the test drive.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
7. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per test drive; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
9. The draw will take place at Greeneagle Distribution & Fulfilment Pty Ltd Unit 10, 20 Ricketty Street Mascot NSW 2020 on 1/08/12 at 11am AEST. The winner will be notified in writing by email and phone within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published in The Australian on 15/08/12.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The first valid entry drawn will win a trip for four (4) people to Fiji valued at up to AU$15,000 depending on date and point of departure. Prize includes return economy airfares from winner's nearest Australian state capital city and Nadi Fiji, six (6) nights twin share 5 star accommodation, return private car transfers from Nadi airport to accommodation and $500 spending money for the winner only. Additional spending money, additional meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken by 1/08/13 and is subject to booking and flight availability. Prize cannot be taken during Australian school holidays, public holidays or other peak periods.
12. The winner and their companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. The winner and their companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together and must stay at the same property. Travel insurance is compulsory and at the expense of the winner. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in. Prize must be booked within ninety (90) days of the prize draw, winner must book at least sixty (60) days prior to travel. No changes will be allowed seven (7) days prior to travel. Once booking is confirmed, changes will incur an additional fee of $150 per person, including GST plus supplier charges.
13. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
14. Total prize pool value is up to $15,000.00
15. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
16. A draw for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 1/11/12 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner will be notified in writing by email and phone within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published in The Australian on 15/11/12.
17. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
18. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
19. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
20. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
21. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and their companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter is Volvo Car Australia Pty (ABN 18 004 830 611) of 65 Epping Road, North Ryde NSW 2113. Telephone (02) 9020 1600. NSW Permit No. LTPS/11/11523; VIC Permit No. 11/2702; ACT Permit No. TP11/5054; SA Permit No. T11/2697.