Take your new Volvo on an exciting European vacation
Breathtaking natural beauty, from Nordic fjords and majestic Alps to rocky coastlines, Mediterranean beaches, lush vine districts and unspoiled lakes and forests. Historic heritage evident everywhere, from Greek and Roman antiquities to medieval fortresses and Renaissance palaces. Fabulous winter and summer sports. Great art and music. Paris, Rome, London — and a host of other vibrant and exciting cities.
It is no wonder Europe is the world's favourite tourist destination. Now you can experience it all. At your own pace, in your own Volvo.
Our Factory Delivery Centre is the ideal starting point for a tour of beautiful Scandinavia, continental Europe or the UK. However, you are also free to begin your adventure from a number of other delivery locations.
When it's time to return to Canada, simply drop off your Volvo in Gothenburg or any other official drop-off location. We'll take care of all the shipping arrangements.
For Tourists the Volvo Home Shipment Program is only valid for 2 or 6 months, depending on where you drop the car off.
In accordance with European customs regulations valid as from July 01, 2009 all Tourist cars must be exported from Europe (EU) within 6 months from delivery, provided the exportation is done from Sweden (includes our drop off locations in Gothenburg (SE) and Stockholm (SE)). When using our other drop off locations (outside Scandinavia) the export declaration must be done when you take delivery of the car, which limits your use of the car in Europe to 2 months.
Please see the Volvo Home Shipment Brochure for transport charges, payment methods and currency for each Home Shipment Agent. Appointment must be done with the Home Shipment Agent 4 days in advance. Your local Home Shipment Agent is available to answer any questions you may have.
The sights of Europe are easily accessible by car — and your Volvo is built to handle every traffic situation. Once on the road you're certain to enjoy every mile — and arrive at your destination with a big smile on your face.
To make your tour even safer, here are a few pointers:
- In most countries 18 is the minimum age for driving. Seatbelts, both front and rear, are compulsory in all EU countries.
- In Ireland and the UK, you drive on the left side of the road — in all other countries on the right.
- Using a mobile phone while driving is forbidden in some EU countries.
- The maximum permitted blood alcohol level is 0.5 grams in most countries (0.8 in Italy, Ireland and Luxemburg, 0.2 in Sweden).
- Speed limits vary, ranging from 50 km/h to 130 km/h (recommended maximum in Germany). In Ireland and the UK speed limits range from 30 miles/hour to 70 miles/hour.
- In some countries, such as Austria, France, Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain, major roads may be toll roads.
- Volvo service — should you need any assistance on route, Volvo's worldwide service network is there for you, when you need us, where you need us.
Welcome to a great holiday overseas!