Replacing your cabin air filter annually:
- Increases airflow into the climate unit, allowing for more efficient operation of the air conditioner, reducing fuel consumption.
- Removes dust, pollen and pollutants from the air you breathe inside the car. The Multi-filter can filter particles as small as 0.1 microns.
- Protects the climate system components from damaging leaves and debris which can shorten component life.
- Reduces the risk of unpleasant odors in the climate system.
- Reduces the risk of windshield fogging and condensation.
A cabin filter is a filter installed to clean the incoming air in order to ensure a healthy in-car environment for all passengers. All Volvo cars today are factory-equipped with a cabin filter, but many people underrate its function and benefits. Similar to a home furnace, the climate system in your Volvo relies on a constant supply of clean air to efficiently heat, cool and ventilate the passenger compartment. Unlike your home furnace, a car is exposed to dust, leaves, pollution and ozone, making filter replacement even more critical for maintaining a healthy driving environment.
The Canadian climate is harsh, and it means that the climate control system has to be in ideal working order to be able to handle significant temperature and humidity variations. The cabin filter ensures excellent filtration in urban and polluted environments whilst also ensuring that vehicle climate components such as the AC evaporator and heat exchanger remain free from debris which can block airflow and hold moisture, causing unpleasant odors and decreased component life.
The cabin filter should be replaced every other service OR once per year.
To learn more about Volvo Genuine Cabin filters, click here.