Volvo Cars continued its global sales momentum in September and reported its 16th consecutive month of global growth on the back of increases in all main regions. Sales for the first nine months are up 9.6 per cent year-on-year to 379,329 cars, while September sales rose by 6 per cent to 48,259 cars.
• Monthly and year-to-date sales growth in all main regions, total global sales of 379,329 cars
• September represents 16th consecutive month of growth
• September sales up 6 per cent to 48,259 cars, driven by strong 27.8 per cent growth in China
• Strong demand for new XC90 main growth driver
• UK sales of 34,861 so far this year, up 7.6 per cent on 2015's figures
Volvo Cars, the premium car maker, has unveiled a new manufacturing strategy for China in which production capacity will be increased and China will be developed into a global manufacturing and export hub, servicing growing demand for its new range of cars in the US, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Volvo has been voted Tech Brand of the Year at the inaugural Car Tech Awards.
• Volvo honoured for its innovative in-car technology and pioneering tech partnerships
• XC90 wins 'most user-friendly tech' and 'best audio system' awards
• Intuitive Sensus touchscreen system and ground-breaking Drive-E powertrains also praised