VOLVO CARS OF NORTH AMERICA, LLC
The S60 TOUR OVERSEAS DELIVERY SWEEPSTAKES
2. ELIGIBILITY: “The S60 Tour Overseas Delivery Sweepstakes” (hereinafter, “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, ages 18 and older, who are U.S. citizens possessing a valid driver’s license and who are Authorized Account Holders (as defined below) of their own Internet e-mail address as of July 25, 2010. Employees, directors and officers and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, grandparents, in-laws, children, siblings and their spouses) and household members (whether related or not) of Volvo Cars of North America, LLC (“Sponsor”), and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, retailers, retailer personnel, agents and/or their advertising, promotional and/or fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Related Entities”) are not eligible to enter. An “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person to whom an e-mail address is assigned by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any person who has been convicted in a court of law or entered a plea of guilty or no contest to any felony or any crime involving moral turpitude, dishonesty or theft, or who has been convicted in a court of law or entered a plea of guilty or no contest to Driving While Intoxicated within the 10-year period prior to July 25, 2010 will not be eligible to win. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND IN PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND ALL OVERSEAS MILITARY INSTALLATIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
3. TO ENTER: Go to www.volvocars.us/NaughtyS60Tour, www.mynaughtyvolvo.com, or http://www.facebook.com/VolvocarsUS (collectively, the “Websites”) and complete an online registration form and attend a S60 Naughty Tour Event between 12:00:00 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time (“EDT”) on July 26, 2010 and 11:59:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on November 11, 2010 (hereinafter, “Eligible Entry”). All S60 Naughty Tour Registration Forms must be received by 11:59:59 PM EST on November 11, 2010. Limit one (1) Entry per person and one (1) Entry per email address. The Websites’ database clock will be the Official Time Keeper for the Sweepstakes. Entrants must be present in the United States at the time they enter. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules, which will be final and binding in all respects.
4. WINNER SELECTION/THREE (3) REGIONAL RANDOM DRAWINGS: All Eligible Entries will be sorted into one of three (3) Volvo Cars of North America Sales Regions based on the state listed on the S60 Naughty Tour Registration Form. The (3) Volvo Cars of North America Sales Regions are based on the following states: Northeast Region: Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and West Virginia; Southern Region: Alabama, Arkansas, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia; and Western Region: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. One (1) Eligible Entry will be selected in each Regional Random Drawing for a total of three (3) Regional Grand Prize Winners. All Regional Random Drawings will be conducted by Centra Marketing & Communications, LLC (“Centra”), an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. The Regional Random Drawings will be conducted on or about November 30, 2010. Odds of winning depend upon the number of Eligible Entries received. The Potential Grand Prize Winners will be notified by email and overnight mail on or about December 1, 2010. Additionally, the prize provider reserves the right to perform a background check of each Grand Prize Winner and Grand Prize Winner's guest, in its sole and absolute discretion. If a Potential Grand Prize Winner notification is returned as undeliverable, or the potential Grand Prize Winner declines the prize for any reason, that Potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and that Grand Prize will be awarded to an alternate Potential Grand Prize Winner from among all remaining Eligible Entries from that Regional Random Drawing. A Potential Grand Prize Winner is not a winner of the Sweepstakes until his/her submission is validated and his/her documents are completed and submitted to Centra. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification and affidavit/release procedures in connection with the selection of alternate prize winner(s).
5. THREE (3) GRAND PRIZES: Each “Grand Prize” awarded to a “Grand Prize Winner” is (i) a trip for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) Guest to Gothenburg, Sweden consisting of round trip coach air transportation between major commercial airport nearest winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and Gothenburg, Sweden, and four (4) days and three (3) nights’ accommodations (one room, double occupancy, room and tax only) at the Radisson Blue Hotel in Gothenburg, Sweden, (hereinafter “Grand Prize Trip”); and (ii) one (1) model year 2011 S60 with automatic transmission (hereinafter, Grand Prize Vehicle) (i and ii are collectively, “Grand Prize”).The total approximate retail value of the Grand Prize: up to $44,550. The Total Approximate Retail Value of All Grand Prizes: up to $133,650. Actual value of Grand Prize Trip may vary based on airfare fluctuations and Grand Prize Winner’s residence. Each Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes, dealership fees, including all title, license, registration, dealer preparation, destination and handling charges, as well as for a vehicle emissions inspection, additional equipment, insurance, gasoline, vehicle maintenance and all other fees and expenses associated with the receipt and use of Grand Prize vehicle. The interior color of each Grand Prize vehicle, package, factory options and other specifics will be designated by Sponsor, and are subject to availability. All additional car options and upgrades will be the responsibility of each Grand Prize Winner. Each Grand Prize Winner (or Grand Prize Winner's parent or legal guardian in the case of a minor) must provide proof of valid insurance and a valid U.S. driver’s license prior to taking delivery. Any and all guarantees and warranties for the Grand Prize Vehicle are subject to Sponsor's terms and conditions, and each Grand Prize Winner agrees to look solely to the Sponsor for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Each Grand Prize Winner must take the Grand Prize Trip by December 31, 2011. In the event the Grand Prize Winner's Guest is deemed a minor (under applicable state law), such Guest’s parent or legal guardian must sign and return all required documentation and the Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for the Guest during the Grand Prize Trip. In the event the Grand Prize Winner is a minor (under applicable state law), the Grand Prize Winner will be required to travel with his/her parent or legal guardian on the Grand Prize Trip. All travel is subject to terms and conditions and availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airport of departure and flight itinerary, in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the airline’s passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the Grand Prize description stated herein, including, but not limited to, ground transportation (not stated herein), meals and beverages, incidentals, bag check fees, upgrades, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, travel documents, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or any other expenses are the sole responsibility of each Grand Prize Winner. Each Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide a valid credit card upon hotel registration for all personal incidentals charged to the Grand Prize Winner’s hotel room during his/her stay and each Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for such hotel charges. All costs and expenses not expressly specified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Each Grand Prize Winner and Guest will be solely responsible for obtaining valid U.S. Government issued photo identification and a valid U.S. Passport prior to trip departure. Each Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel on same itinerary. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sponsor and the Related Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. If a Grand Prize Winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the Grand Prize trip due to illness, Sponsor and Prize Provider shall have the option, at its sole discretion of: (1) being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the Grand Prize trip or any part thereof or; (2) extending the period during which such Grand Prize trip may be awarded for a period equal to the duration of Grand Prize Winner’s disability or illness. Grand Prize Winner must prove such disability by a doctor’s certificate, which certificate shall be endorsed by another physician agreeable to Sponsor and Grand Prize Winner at Grand Prize Winner’s expense. Each Grand Prize Trip is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the Department of Defense and/or Department of Homeland Security as required. Sponsor and Related Entities are not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from Grand Prize Winner or Guest’ changes to flight itinerary or accommodations. Each Grand Prize Winner and Guest are solely responsible for their own travel insurance. All costs and expenses not expressly specified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the each Grand Prize Winner. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution, cash redemption (except as stated herein), assignment, of any prize permitted but the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable for any reason. Each Grand Prize Winner must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes so that an IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of each Grand Prize Winner, for the actual value of the Grand Prize received. Failure to complete the trip does not relieve the Grand Prize Winner of his/her tax obligations associated with winning a Grand Prize.
6. CLAIMING PRIZE/RELEASES: Each Grand Prize Winner and Grand Prize Winner's guest will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability and Publicity Release (unless where prohibited) within fourteen (14) days of notification. Each Potential Grand Prize Winner will not be the Official Grand Prize Winner until he/she signs and returns his/her notification material and his/her Eligibility has been formally verified. In the event a Grand Prize Winner is under the age of the majority in his/her residence of jurisdiction, the parent of legal guardian will be required to sign and return all documentation and/or the Grand Prize may be awarded in the name of minor's parent/legal guardian, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, who will be solely responsible for the taxes owed on the Grand Prize. If a Potential Grand Prize Winner fails to comply with the Official Rules and/or to submit required documentation within the designated period or declines a Grand Prize, that Potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and the Grand Prize will be awarded to an alternate Potential Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing from among all remaining Eligible Entries from that Regional Random Drawing. . Eligibility, age and claims made by a Grand Prize Winner are subject to verification. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or e-mails made to entrants not by Sponsor.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and will award the Grand Prizes based on the Eligible Entries received. The Sponsor and Related Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. The Sponsor and Related Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by the Sponsor or the Related Entities due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. The Sponsor and Related Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, spam blockers, and any and all blockers, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission. Entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. Your Entry will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, if you (i) submit an incomplete, inaccurate or fraudulent submission; (ii) attempt to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than through the Internet at.volvocars.us/NaughtyS60Tour, (iii) disrupt the Sweepstakes, or (iv) circumvent or fail to comply with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning Entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Uses of automated devices are not valid for entry, and will be subject user to immediate disqualification.
8. RESERVATIONS: SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Each entrant by entering the Sweepstakes, and the Grand Prize Winners by accepting a Grand Prize, agrees: (1) to be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions and to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations; (2) that the Entry becomes the Sponsor's property and will not be returned; (3) that he or she shall accept delivery of the prize based upon availability; (4) that neither the Sponsor nor any of the Related Entities, nor any of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives are responsible or liable for any claim, injury, loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including, without limitation, property damages, personal injury, personal disfigurement and/or death, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, any prize related activities, or the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize (including, but not limited to, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery) and will indemnify the Sponsor and the Related Parties with respect thereto; (5) that, except where prohibited by law, Entry or acceptance of the prize constitutes the grant of an unconditional right to use a Grand Prize Winner’s name, voice, likeness photograph, video tape, address (city and state/province), biographical information, prize information and/or statements about the Sweepstakes and/or prize for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes for this or similar promotions in any media, worldwide, in perpetuity, without additional compensation unless otherwise prohibited; (6) that acceptance of the prize constitutes a waiver of any claim to royalties, rights or remuneration for said use; and (7) that the laws of the State of New York, in the United States shall apply exclusively to the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned (as a result of a virus, bugs, tampering or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of Sweepstakes), the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. By entering, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that he/she may have with, or claims he/she may have against Sponsor relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with the Sweepstakes will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (the "AAA") and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the AAA, administered in accordance with the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes.. The arbitration shall be held in the City and County of New York, NY and be subject to the governing law provision set forth herein. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements entered into between Sponsor and entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only entrant's and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award consequential, exemplary or punitive damages against Sponsor and the Related Entities. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, Sponsor may seek to obtain injunctive relief in any of the federal or state courts located in the City and County of New York, New York or any other court of competent jurisdiction for the breach or threatened breach of these Official Rules or any of the other agreements entered into between Sponsor and entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes, without posting bond, in addition to any other remedies in law or equity, which may be available to Sponsor. Each entrant consents to jurisdiction and venue in the federal or state courts located in the City and County of New York for the purposes set forth above and/or to confirm any award obtained by Sponsor in arbitration.
10. NAME OF WINNERS: To obtain the names of the Grand Prize Winners (available after December November 15, 2010), send a self-addressed , stamped envelope to be received by February 1, 2011 to: “S60 Naughty Tour Sweepstakes” Winners, c/o Centra Marketing & Communications, 1400 Old Country Road #420, Westbury, NY 11590 U.S.A.
11. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Volvo Cars of North America, One Volvo Drive, Rockleigh, NJ 07647..
© 2010 Volvo Cars of North America. All rights reserved.