Win Tickets to Scandinavian Film Festival Conditions of Entry
1. The Promoter of this competition (“the Promotion”) is Volvo Car Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 18 004 830 611) of 65 Epping Road, North Ryde, NSW 2113, Australia.
2. Instructions and information on how to enterform part of the Conditions of Entry.
3. By registering and participating in the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by these Conditions of Entry.
4. Volvo Car Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right,in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove any part of these Conditions of Entry, at any time. It is the responsibility of each Eligible Entrant (as defined below in clause 5) to check these Conditions of Entry periodically for changes.
5. Entry is open to Australian residents only. Directors, officers, management and the employees of the Promoter and any promotional partners, agencies and suppliers associated with this Promotion and their immediate family members are ineligible to enter (“Eligible Entrant”).
How to enter
6. The Promotion commences Tuesday 11 July 2017 to Wednesday 26 July 2017 at 11:59pm (“Promotional Period”).
7. To enter, each Eligible Entrant must complete all necessary requirements of the promotion application, including the following:
- Comment on the competition Facebook post “Telling us your favorite thing about Sweden”
- Tag a friend to take to the Scandinavian Film Festival
8. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on the originality and creative merit of the answer provided to the Question. Entries must be the Eligible Entrant’s original work. The judging will take place at 65 Epping Road, North Ryde, NSW 2113, Australia on six days after the original Facebook post is posted. The judges reserve the right to select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
9. Only one entry per person permitted.
10. Entries must be received during the Promotional Period.
11. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, misdirected or illegible/inaudible entries.
12. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned. The Promoter may use, and may disclose in any newspaper, advertisement, publication, media statement or other general and promotional material, any materials Eligible Entrants provide in relation to the Promotion for the Promoter’s promotional and business purposes.
13. If the Promotion is conducted via the Facebook Platform: a) Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. b) Entrants acknowledge that any information they provide in connection with the Promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook. c) Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion will be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook. d) Entrants release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Promotion.
14. Thirty Five (35) winners ‘Five (5) per participating capital city (Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth and Hobart)’ will receive:
- TWO (2) Passes to the Scandinavian Film Festival in there capital city
15. The Winner will be notified six days after the original post goes live
16. The Winner will be contacted via the information provided upon entry, via aFacebook message from the Volvo Car Australia Facebook page and a Volvo representative to arrange the Prize.
17. If a Winner’s entry is deemed invalid, that entry will be discarded and the Prize will be awarded by drawing another entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
Note: Any further expenses (transfers, activities) associated with the Prize are not included.
18. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
19. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. If the Prize or any component of the Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize of equal or greater value for that prize, or element of it.
21. In the event of the Prize not being accepted or claimed within one (1) days of the draw, the relevant Winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct such further draws until prizes have been allocated to valid winners, at the same location as the original draw as are necessary to distribute the Prize.
General entry provisions
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning the Prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
23. The Promoter and its agencies and companies associated with this Promotion are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on‐line systems, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this Promotion. If the Promotion is not capable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, including due to any technical or communications problems, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the Promotion subject to approval from any relevant authority.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify all entries from any Eligible Entrant who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with, the entry process or the Promotion.
25. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non- Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury and any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
26. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded, including the Non‐Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury and any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the following:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any fraud, theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry;
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Entrant;
- taking or use of all or part of the Prize; or
- the function, working order or availability of or access to any website, whether operated by the Promoter or not
27. Each Eligible Entrant releases, indemnifies and holds harmless, the Promoter and agrees to keep the Promoter released, indemnified and held harmless from any claim, cost, demand, tax, liability or damage (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) suffered or incurred by the Promoter arising out of the Eligible Entrant’s:
- participation in the Promotion;
- taking or use of all or part of the Prize; and
- any claim by a third party arising from an act or omission by the Eligible Entrant.
28. The Promoter is not liable for any failure to comply with these Conditions of Entry. If any part or provision in these Conditions of Entry is found to be invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or illegal, that part or provision will be read down so that it is not invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or illegal. If the term or condition cannot be read down, it will be severed and the remaining provisions will continue in full force.
29. These Conditions of Entry constitute the entire agreement between the Eligible Entrant and the Promoter as to its subject matter.
Collection and use of personal information
30. The Promoter may use any personal information Eligible Entrants provide in connection with this Promotion for the purpose of running the Promotion, and also in advertisements, publications, media statements and other promotional material associated with the Promotion. The Promoter may disclose the information for those purposes to its related bodies corporate and contractors. If Eligible Entrants do not provide the information requested, they will not be able to enter the Promotion.
32. If the Eligible Entrant has elected to receive electronic commercial messages from Volvo Car Australia Pty Ltd , Volvo Car Australia Pty Ltd may, for an indefinite period, unless and until otherwise advised by an Eligible Entrant to the contrary (e.g. through the use of an unsubscribe facility), use the Eligible Entrant’s personal information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research, profiling and customer satisfaction purposes, including sending electronic commercial messages to the Eligible Entrant.
33. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless and until otherwise advised by an Eligible Entrant to the contrary, use the Eligible Entrant’s personal information for direct mail, promotional, marketing, publicity, research, profiling and customer satisfaction purposes.