Examples of what can reduce the function are as follows:
- Faded signs
- Signs positioned on bends
- Rotated or damaged signs
- Signs positioned high above the roadway
- Fully/partially obscured or poorly positioned signs
- Signs completely or partly covered with frost, snow and/or dirt
- Digital road maps with outdated, incorrect or missing speed informationMap data with speed information does not exist for all areas.
- no Internet connection.
- approval for Google MapsRead more at Maps Privacy center..
In certain markets, the road sign information function is only available in combination with map data.
The RSI function may interpret some types of bicycle rack, connected to the electrical socket for trailers, as a connected trailer. In such cases, the driver display may show incorrect speed information.
This function uses the car's camera and radar units, which have certain general limitations.