If an oncoming vehicle enters your car's lane and a collision is unavoidable, City Safety can reduce the car's speed with a view to reducing the violence of the impact.
For this function to work, the following criteria must be met:
- your car must be travelling at more than 4 km/h (3 mph)
- the road section must be straight
- your car's lane must have clear lane markings
- your car must be positioned straight in its own lane
- the oncoming vehicle must be within your car's lane markings
- the oncoming vehicle must have its headlamps switched on
- this function can only handle "front to front" collisions
- this function can only detect vehicles with four wheels.
Warnings and brake interventions due to an impending collision with an oncoming vehicle always come very late.