Air conditioning (AC) can be switched off, but to ensure the best possible climate comfort in the passenger compartment, and to prevent the windows from misting, it should always be switched on.
To bear in mind
- To ensure that the air conditioning works optimally, the side windows, and panorama roof* should be closed.
- Global opening opens/closes all side windows simultaneously and can be used for example to quickly air the car during hot weather.
- Remove ice and snow from the climate control system air intake (the grille between the bonnet and the windscreen).
- In warm weather, condensation from the air conditioning may drip under the car. This is normal.
- When the engine requires full power, e.g. for full acceleration, the air conditioning can be temporarily switched off. There may then be a temporary increase in temperature in the passenger compartment.
- Remove misting on the insides of the windows primarily by using the defroster function. To reduce the risk of misting, keep the windows clean and use window cleaner.