Only use petrol from well-known producers. Never use fuel of dubious quality. Petrol must meet the EN 228Sulphur content max. 10 mg/kg. or K5Class 5 in accordance with GOST 32513 or GOST R 51866. standard.
- Fuel that contains up to 10 percent by volume ethanol is permitted.
- EN 228 E10 petrol (max 10 percent by volume ethanol) is approved for use.
- Ethanol higher than E10 (max. 10 percent by volume ethanol) is not permitted, e.g. E85 is not permitted.
- RON 95 can be used for normal driving.
- RON 98 is recommended for optimum performance and minimum fuel consumption.
- RON 92 should only be used in exceptional cases.
- An octane rating lower than RON 92 (e.g. RON 80) must not be used.
When driving in temperatures above +38 °C (100 °F), fuel with the highest octane rating is recommended for optimum performance and fuel economy.
- Use only unleaded petrol to avoid damaging the catalytic converter.
- Fuel with octane rating lower than RON 92 is not permitted.
- Fuel containing metallic additives must not be used.
- Do not use any additives which have not been recommended by Volvo.