- In the event of overheating, the engine's power may be limited temporarily.
- Remove any auxiliary lamps from in front of the grille when driving in hot climates.
- If the temperature in the engine's cooling system becomes too high then a warning symbol is illuminated and the driver display shows the message Engine temperature High temperature Stop safely. Stop the car in a safe way and allow the engine to run at idling speed for several minutes and cool down.
- If the message Engine temperature High temperature Turn off engine or Engine coolant Level low, turn off engine is shown, stop the car and switch off the engine.
- In the event of overheating in the gearbox, an alternative gear shift program will be selected. In addition, a built-in protection function is activated that, amongst other things, illuminates a warning symbol and the driver display shows the message Transmission warm Reduce speed to lower temperature or Transmission hot Stop safely, wait for cooling. Follow the recommendation given, reduce speed or stop the car in a safe way and allow the engine to run at idling speed for several minutes to enable the gearbox to cool down.
Applies to automatic gearbox.
- If the car overheats, the air conditioning may be switched off temporarily.
- Do not turn the engine off immediately you stop after a hard drive.
It is normal for the engine's cooling fan to operate for a time after the engine has been switched off.
Symbols in the driver display
High engine temperature. Follow the recommendation given.
Low level, coolant. Follow the recommendation given.
Gearbox hot/overheated/cooled. Follow the recommendation given.