Depress the steering wheel button for voice recognition to activate the system and initiate a dialogue using voice commands.
Remember the following:
- Speak after the tone with a normal voice at a normal tempo.
- Do not speak while the system is replying (the system cannot understand commands during this time).
- Avoid background noise in the passenger compartment by having the doors, windows and panoramic roof* closed.
Voice recognition can be deactivated as follows:
- by saying "Cancel".
- with a long press on the voice recognition button on the steering wheel .
To speed up communication and skip the prompts from the system, press the steering wheel button for voice recognition when the system voice is speaking and say the next command.
Example of voice recognition control
Press , say "Call [Forename] [Surname] [number category]" - dials the selected contact from the phone book. If the contact has several phone numbers (e.g. home, mobile, work), the right category must be referred to.
So press and say "Call Robin Smith Mobile".
The following commands are always available for use:
- "Repeat" - repeats the last voice instruction in the ongoing dialogue.
- "Cancel" - discontinue the dialogue.
- "Help" - starts a help dialogue. The system replies with the commands available in the current situation, a prompt or an example.
Commands for specific functions such as phone and radio are described in specific sections.
The number commands are stated differently depending on the function to be controlled:
- Phone numbers and postcodes must be spoken individually, number by number, e.g. zero three one two two four four three (03122443).
- House numbers can be spoken individually or in groups, e.g. two two or twenty-two (22). For English and Dutch, several groups can be said in sequence, e.g. twenty-two twenty-two (22 22). For English, double or triple can be used, e.g. double zero (00). Numbers can be given within the range 0-2300.
- Frequencies can be spoken as ninety eight point eight (98.8), a hundred and four point two or hundred four point two (104.2).