Different time intervals to the vehicle in front can be selected and shown in the driver display as 1-5 horizontal lines - the more lines the longer the time interval. One line represents about 1 second to the vehicle in front, 5 lines represents about 3 seconds.
The same symbol is also shown when the adaptive cruise control function is activated.
Control for time interval.
Press the steering wheel button (1) or (2) to increase or decrease the time interval.
The distance indicator (3) shows the current time interval.
- The higher the speed the longer the calculated distance in metres for a given time interval.
- Only use the time intervals permitted by local traffic regulations.
- The set time window is also used by the adaptive cruise control and Pilot Assist functions.
- Only use a time window that suits the current traffic conditions.
- The driver should be aware that short time windows limit the amount of time available to react and take action in an unexpected traffic situation.