- for small vehicles, such as motorcycles
- on roads where the lane does not have clear lane markings
- if the majority of the car has steered into the adjacent lane
- outside the speed range 60-140 km/h (37-87 mph)
- when the power steering works at reduced power - e.g. during cooling due to overheating (see section "Speed-dependent steering force").
Other demanding situations can include:
- road works
- winter road conditions
- narrow roads
- poor road surface
- a very “sporty” driving style
- poor weather with reduced visibility.
In these demanding situations, the function may have difficulty helping the driver correctly. In such cases it is recommended to switch off this function.
The function uses the car's combined Camera and Radar unit, which has certain general limitations – see the sections "Limitations for Camera Unit" and "Limitations for Radar Unit" respectively.