- A vehicle's size may affect the ability to be detected, e.g. motorcycles, which could mean that the warning lamp illuminates at a shorter time window than set or that the warning is temporarily absent.
- Extremely high speeds can cause the lamp to illuminate at a shorter time window than that set due to limitations in radar unit range.
- The function is supplementary driver support intended to facilitate driving and make it safer – it cannot handle all situations in all traffic, weather and road conditions.
- The driver is advised to read all sections in the Owner's Manual that relate to this function to learn about factors such as its limitations and what the driver should be aware of before using the system.
- Driver support functions are not a substitute for the driver's attention and judgement. The driver is always responsible for ensuring the car is driven in a safe manner, at the appropriate speed, with an appropriate distance to other vehicles, and in accordance with current traffic rules and regulations.
This function uses the car's camera and radar units, which have certain general limitations.