Examples of such conditions are:
- road works
- winter road conditions
- narrow roads
- poor road surface
- a very “sporty” driving style
- poor weather with reduced visibility
- roads with unclear or non-existent side markings
- sharp edges or lines other than the lane's side markings
- when the power steering is working at reduced power - e.g. during cooling due to overheating (see section "Speed-dependent steering force").
The function uses the car's combined Camera and Radar unit, which has certain general limitations – see the sections "Limitations for Camera Unit" and "Limitations for Radar Unit" respectively.