CTA supplements BLIS by detecting traffic crossing from the side, e.g. when backing out of a parking space.
CTA is primarily designed to detect vehicles, but in certain cases can also detect pedestrians or smaller objects such as bicycles.
CTA is only active when the vehicle is moving backward or if reverse gear is engaged.
If CTA detects that something is approaching your vehicle from the side:
- an audible signal will sound from either the left or right speaker, depending on which side of your vehicle the object is approaching from.
- an icon will illuminate in the Park Assist System graphic on the screen.
- an icon will appear in the Park Assist Camera's Top view.
Illuminated CTA icon in the Park Assist System graphic on the screen.
- The function is supplementary driver support intended to facilitate driving and help make it safer – it cannot handle all situations in all traffic, weather and road conditions.
- The driver is advised to read all sections in the Owner's Manual about this function to learn of its limitations, which the driver must be aware of before using the function.
- Driver support functions are not a substitute for the driver's attention and judgment. The driver is always responsible for ensuring the vehicle is driven in a safe manner, at the appropriate speed, with an appropriate distance to other vehicles, and in accordance with current traffic rules and regulations.