- Detection ability may be affected by vehicle size, e.g. motorcycles, which can cause the warning light to come on at a shorter time interval than that set or cause the warning to be temporarily absent.
- Very high speeds can cause the light to come on at a shorter time interval than that set due to limitations in the range of the radar unit.
- The function is supplementary driver support intended to facilitate driving and help make it safer – it cannot handle all situations in all traffic, weather and road conditions.
- The driver is advised to read all sections in the Owner's Manual about this function to learn of its limitations, which the driver must be aware of before using the function.
- Driver support functions are not a substitute for the driver's attention and judgment. The driver is always responsible for ensuring the vehicle is driven in a safe manner, at the appropriate speed, with an appropriate distance to other vehicles, and in accordance with current traffic rules and regulations.
The function uses the vehicle's camera and radar sensor, which has certain general limitations.