The function first checks whether there is sufficient space and then helps the driver steer the vehicle into the space.
The center display uses symbols, graphics and messages to inform the driver of what steps need to be taken and when.
- The parking sensors have dead/blind spots where objects cannot be detected.
- Pay particular attention to people and animals near the vehicle.
- Bear in mind that the front end of the vehicle may swing out towards oncoming traffic during the parking maneuver.
- The function is supplementary driver support intended to facilitate driving and help make it safer – it cannot handle all situations in all traffic, weather and road conditions.
- The driver is advised to read all sections in the Owner's Manual about this function to learn of its limitations, which the driver must be aware of before using the function.
- Driver support functions are not a substitute for the driver's attention and judgment. The driver is always responsible for ensuring the vehicle is driven in a safe manner, at the appropriate speed, with an appropriate distance to other vehicles, and in accordance with current traffic rules and regulations.
The PAP function measures the space and steers the vehicle – the driver's role is to:
- keep close watch of the area around the vehicle
- follow the instructions on the center display
- change gears (reverse/forward) – a "ping" sound indicates when the driver should change gears
- regulate and maintain a safe speed
- apply the brakes and stop.