The function consists of these sub-functions:
- Run-Off Mitigation with steering assistance
- Steering assistance during collision risks from oncoming traffic
- Steering assistance during collision risks from behind*
After the system has automatically intervened, this text message will appear in the instrument panel:
- Collision avoidance assistance – Automatic intervention
- The function is supplementary driver support intended to facilitate driving and help make it safer – it cannot handle all situations in all traffic, weather and road conditions.
- The driver is advised to read all sections in the Owner's Manual about this function to learn of its limitations, which the driver must be aware of before using the function.
- Driver support functions are not a substitute for the driver's attention and judgment. The driver is always responsible for ensuring the vehicle is driven in a safe manner, at the appropriate speed, with an appropriate distance to other vehicles, and in accordance with current traffic rules and regulations.
It is always the driver who must decide how much the vehicle should be in control – the vehicle can never take command.