- If the airbag warning light stays on after the engine has started or if it illuminates while you are driving, have the vehicle inspected by a trained and qualified Volvo service technician as soon as possible.
- Never attempt to alter or repair any of the vehicle's safety systems yourself. Incorrectly performed repairs to any system could impair function and lead to serious injury. All work on these systems should be performed by a trained and qualified Volvo service technician.
If your vehicle has become water-damaged in any way (e.g., soaked floor mats/standing water on the floor of the vehicle), do not attempt to start the engine. This may cause airbag deployment, which could result in serious injury. Volvo recommends towing the vehicle directly to an authorized Volvo workshop.
Before attempting to tow the vehicle:
- Switch off the ignition for at least 10 minutes and disconnect the battery.
- Follow the instructions for manually overriding the shiftlock system.
If any of the airbags have deployed:
- Do not attempt to drive the vehicle. Have it towed to an authorized workshop.
- If necessary, seek medical attention.