Latest information for the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
At Volvo Cars, we work continuously to give you the best experience possible. The following functions and improvements will be available via the wireless update service Over The Air (OTA). You do not need to go to a service workshop to get access to the updates and your vehicle will always be in its best shape. The contents of each update are shown under Software Updates, which you will find in the menu.
All Volvo On Call functions are not currently available for the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric. But they will be released continuously throughout the year to make life with your electric vehicle even easier and more comfortable. To find out more about upcoming updates, see Volvo Cars app updates.
New functions will be added for your vehicle later this year. For example, the orange Care Key key will get a speed limit designed to help ensure that the vehicle is driven safely, for example if you loan it out. Apple CarPlay will be added to also enable a passenger to integrate their phone with your vehicle.
How to update via Over The Air:
When an update is available, it will be sent directly to your vehicle. The update is performed in two phases: one download phase while you drive, and one installation phase when the vehicle is not being used. Note that the duration of the download and installation varies depending on the amount of content in the software package.
Downloading – while driving
1. The software package will be downloaded automatically in the background every time you drive your vehicle. The software package can be quite large and take time to download – sometimes up to two hours in total. If you stop driving while the software package is being downloaded, the download will automatically resume the next time you drive the vehicle.
Installation – when the vehicle is not being used
2. When the software package is fully downloaded, you will see a notification in the vehicle's center display the next time you start your vehicle. The notification contains instructions on how you should proceed.
3. You can choose to start the installation immediately or to install it at a later time. If you choose to install it later, the notification will disappear, but you can easily find it again by swiping down from the top of the screen.
4. Please note that you may not use the vehicle in any way while the installation is in progress.
5. Note that the vehicle must be charged at least 40% for installation to be possible.
6. Note that the vehicle may not be plugged in for charging during the installation.
7. To start the installation, tap the installation button in the center display. Exit the vehicle and lock the doors.
8. When the installation is finished, a notification will appear in the vehicle's center display.
9. When the installation is complete, you can pair a cellular phone with the vehicle using the Volvo Cars app. Note that the vehicle may need 24-36 hours to establish a secure connection to the phone. If you experience any problems with the app, see Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Volvo Cars app.
10. If the installation of the new software could not be completed, try restarting the installation by swiping from the top of the screen down to display the notification. If this doesn't work, close the notification and continue driving as usual. Please contact your authorized Volvo service workshop for assistance.
We hope that you will enjoy the new features and functions in your Volvo!
Vehicle model/model year
XC40 Recharge Pure Electric
The range of available models, systems and services may vary from market to market.