Before you leave on a driving vacation or long journey, check the following:
- That the engine functions as it should and the fuel consumption is normal.
- That there are no leaks (fuel, oil or another fluid).
- That the brake pedal is functioning properly.
- That all lights are working – adjust the headlight height if the vehicle is carrying a heavy load.
- That the tire tread is sufficient and tire air pressure is correct. Change to snow tires when driving in areas where there is a risk of snowy or icy roads
- That the warning triangle and hi-visibility vests are in the car. These are a legal requirement in some countries.
- That the start battery is sufficiently charged.
- That the wiper blades are in good condition.
If anything needs to be rectified, see the owner manual for your car model for more information or contact an authorized Volvo workshop.
It can be good to check that the maps in the navigation systemOption. are up to date. Check what applies when loading and during journeys on car ferries or car trains. Take note that extra costs for data roaming can be incurred by a connected car abroad.
Vehicle model/model year
Vehicle models up to and including model year 2019.
The range of available models, systems and services may vary from market to market.
For vehicle models from and including model year 2020, see the online manual for that specific model.