Privacy Notice – Data subject rights and request
This document describes how Volvo Cars (as defined below) processes your personal data when you submit a Data Subject Rights Request (hereinafter “DSRR”) in any form (e-mail, phone, webform or letter).
You can find below:
1. Who we are
The entity that is responsible for the processing of personal data in relation to the DSRR is Volvo Car Corporation , having its registered office at Assar Gabrielssons Väg, 405 31 Gothenburg, Sweden, company registration number 556074-3089, hereinafter referred to as “Volvo Cars”, “we”, or “us”.
2. What personal data we collect and why
DSRR involves the processing of the following categories of personal data:
- In order to verify your identity upon submission of a DSRR, we process your personal data. The legal basis of this data processing is our legitimate interest to ensure that we execute permissible and accurate DSRRs. The data that we process for verification purposes depends on the type of data that the DSRR is concerned with. For data about:
- you as a customer, we process your e-mail and/or postal address;
- your car, we process the VIN of the vehicle(s) in question;
- digital services data, we process the Volvo ID (e-mail address or phone number) that you used to register for such services.
- Once your identity is verified, we process your full name, postal address(es), phone number(s), e-mail address(es), and VIN(s) in order to manage and fulfill your request. Depending on which data subject right the DSRR is concerned with, the handling of such request consists of finding and collecting the data in question, changing or erasing it, and collecting all information that pertains to the actions carried out in a cover letter, which presents the results of the proceedings for yor review. The legal basis for this data processing is compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR).
- Furthermore, we process data related to your case such as type of request, relevant market, and duration of case handling for the creation of DSRR related statistics and the improvement of our DSRR management process. The legal basis for this data processing is our legitimate interest to optimize our DSRR processes and procedures (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR).
- We also process data related to your case such as type of request, relevant market, duration of case handling and other case-related details based on our legitimate interst to document our practices for internal and external auditing purposes (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR).
3. How long we keep your data
We keep the data that is related to your DSRR for three (3) years. If the data relates to an ongoing complaint or litigation, the data is kept throughout such proceedings.
4. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of third parties, on a need-to-know basis:
- Our processors supporting our activity in general, such as providers of IT solutions;
- Our processors supporting delivering the DSRR, which are limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with each data processing agreement in place.
- Other third parties:
- Companies within the Volvo Car group (EEA) – for fulfilling the DSRR if your personal data is kept by another legal entity than Volvo Car Corporation.
5. Your rights in relation to the data processing we perform
6. Contact information
Data Protection Officer
Post address: Volvo Car Corporation, Attention: The Data Protection Officer, avd 50092, VAK, 405 31 Gothenburg, Sweden.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. Whenever we make substantial changes to this notice, and in particular when this notice underlies your consent, we will inform you of the changes. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document.