The child lock can be either manual or electrical*.
Manual child lock
Manual child lock. Not to be confused with manual door locks.
Use the remote control key's detachable key blade to turn the knob.
|The door is blocked against opening from the inside.|
|The door can be opened from both the outside and the inside.|
- A door's knob control only blocks that particular door - not both rear doors simultaneously.
- Cars with an electric child safety lock do not have a manual child lock.
Electric child lock*
The electric child lock can be activated and deactivated in all ignition positions above 0. Activation and deactivation can be performed up to 2 minutes after switching off the car, provided that no door is opened.
Activation and deactivation button.
Rear child safety lock enabled
When the lamp in the button is illuminated, the child safety lock is enabled.
If the child lock is activated when the car is switched off, it will remain activated the next time the car is started.
- Rear doors cannot be opened from the inside.
- Rear power windows can only be operated from the driver's door.
Rear child safety lock disabled
When the lamp in the button is extinguished, the child safety lock is inactivated.
- Rear doors can be opened from the inside and power windows operated from the rear seat.
Symbols and messages
Rear child lock Activated
The child lock is activated.
Rear child lock Deactivated
The child lock is deactivated.