Supplemental Privacy Notice – Electricity refund payout through Volvo Cars App
This document describes how Volvo Cars (as defined below) processes your personal data when you claim a refund through Volvo Cars App for your electricity costs in connection with the use of your Volvo vehicle (hereinafter “Electricity Refund”). This document should be read as a supplement to the existing Volvo Cars App Privacy Notice.
1. Who we are
The entity responsible for the processing of personal data in relation to the Electricity Refund is Volvo Car Corporation, having its registered office at Assar Gabrielssons Väg, SE-405 31, Gothenburg, Sweden, company registration number 556074-3089, hereinafter referred to as “Volvo Cars”, “we”, or “us”.
2. What personal data we collect and why
To claim your Electricity Refund you need to be the register owner of the subscription. When you claim the refund through your Volvo Cars App, the following categories of personal data will be processed :
- To verify that the electricity refund offer is due for you to claim, we will process your Volvo ID and your car identifier (VIN). We do this based on the contract you signed to participate in the Electricity Refund campaign (Art. 6.1. b) GDPR).
- For us to perform the Electricity Refund we need your personal and bank account information (bank account number, full name and postal address, tax identification number), that we will use to proceed with the payout. We do this based on your Electricity Refund contract with Volvo Cars (Art. 6.1. b) GDPR).
- For our legal obligation to comply with accounting rules and financial reporting legislation we will store your personal and bank account information (bank account number, full name and postal address, tax identification number) and timestamp related to your Electricity Refund in our records.
3. How long we keep your data
The following retention times are applicable for our processing of personal data mentioned above:
Personal and Car identifiers are stored 500 days from the date you accepted the offer.
Your personal and bank account information related to the payment are processed until the payment is executed. To comply with accounting and financial reporting legislation requirements we will store your payment data for 7 years.
4. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of third parties, on a need-to-know basis:
- Our processors supporting our activity in general, such as providers of IT solutions;
- Our categories of processors supporting delivering the Electricity Refund, which are limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with each data processing agreement in place:
- Invoice handling provider
- Technical service provider