Privacy Notice – Consumer surveys
This document describes how Volvo Cars (as defined below) processes your personal data when you engage with one of our consumer surveys (hereinafter “Consumer Survey”).
You can find below:
1. Who we are
The entity that is responsible for processing of personal data in relation to the consumer surveys is Volvo Car Italia S.p.A, having its registered office at Via Enrico Mattei, n. 66, 40138 Bologna, Italy, company registration number 121921, hereinafter referred to as “Volvo Cars”, “we”, or “us”.
2. What personal data we collect and why
When you interact with our Consumer Survey, we process the following categories of data about you:
- Identifiers such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, salutation, age, gender, postal code, and city. We process this data in order to send the Consumer Survey and assess consumer performance by segmentation. The data is processed based on your consent for us to improve the business purpose and customer experience that your survey response concerns (Art.6(1)(a) GDPR).
- Your Vehicle data such as vehicle type, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), and registration number (REG). We process this data based on our legitimate interest to assess field action and warranty performance (Art.6(1)(f) GDPR).
- Contract type, subscription number, vehicle relationship (contract/sales type starting and end date). We process this data in order to send the Consumer Survey and assess consumer performance by segmentation allowing us to improve the overall business operations and the consumer experience. The data is processed based on our legitimate interest to improve the business purpose and customer experience that your survey response concerns (Art.6(1)(f) GDPR).
- Opening/clickthrough rates. We process this data for statistical analysis and range measurement, and to understand the interests of our consumers. For this analysis, the e-mail invites contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which display single-pixel image files that are also embedded in our website, where we ask for your consent in order to deploy those. The data is processed based on our legitimate interest to understand overall survey performance and survey interaction (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR).
3. How long we keep your data
Your survey feedback responses will be kept up to five (5) years from the time you submit your response, after which time it will be anonymized.
In order to keep your responses secure, the invitation for feedback provides you with an individualised questionnaire that no other person can access. The survey web site and our data storage facilities have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
Only certain employees have access to the personal information you provide us. They have access only for case handling, data analysis and quality control purposes.
4. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of third parties, on a need-to-know basis:
- Our processors supporting our activity in general, such as providers of IT solutions;
- Our processors supporting delivering the Consumer Surveys, which are limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with each data processing agreement in place:
- Provision of Consumer Surveys.
- WhatsApp text Communication.
- Care Operations.
Your personal data will be disclosed to and processed by your selected retailer (if applicable) and companies within the same group of companies as VCC. In relation to companies within the same group of companies as VCC located outside EEA, we will transfer your personal data with the basis of the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission.
5. Your rights in relation to the data processing we perform
You have specific legal rights granted by the General Data Protection Regulation relating to the personal data we process about you. You can withdraw your consent or object to our processing of your data, access the data we hold about you, ask for rectification or restriction of your data, request to have your data ported to another entity, request that we delete your data, and finally you can file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
6. Contact information
You can also contact the Volvo Car Corporation Data Protection Officer as follows:
Company: Volvo Car Corporation
Postal address: Volvo Car Corporation, Assar Gabrielssons Väg, SE-405 31 Gothenburg, Sweden
7. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to this privacy notice on an ongoing basis. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner consistent with the privacy notice under which they were collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently.