Privacy Notice – Customer Care
This document describes how Volvo Cars (as defined below) processes your personal data when you contact and engage with our customer care service (hereinafter “Customer Care Queries”).
You can find below:
1. Who we are
The entity responsible for the processing of personal data in relation to Customer Queries is Volvo Car Belgium NV, having its registered office at John F. Kennedylaan 25, 9000 Gand, Belgium, hereinafter referred to as “Volvo Cars”, “we”, or “us”.
2. What personal data we process and why
The Customer Care Query involves the processing of the following categories of personal data:
3. How long we keep your data
The data that is processed for case and lead management is kept for 12 months. The customer satisfaction survey responses data is be kept for 6 months.
The data processed for complaints is kept during the whole life of the vehicle.
4. Who we share your personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following categories of third parties, on a need-to-know basis:
- Our processors supporting our activity in general, such as providers of IT solutions;
- Our processors supporting Customer Care Queries, which are limited by contract in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us in compliance with each data processing agreement in place.
- salesforce.com, inc. (Germany, USA) – customer relationship management solution.
- Five9, inc. (United Kingdom) – cloud callcenter software that is used for inbound and outbound phone calls.
- Brilliant Future AB (Sweden) – customer feedback analysis tool.
5. Your rights in relation to the data processing we perform
You have specific legal rights granted by the General Data Protection Regulation relating to the personal data we process about you. You can withdraw your consent or object to our processing of your data, access the data we hold about you, ask for rectification or restriction of your data, request to have your data ported to another entity, request that we delete your data, and finally you can file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
6. Contact information
In order to exercise your rights, please use the applicable web form mentioned above. If you have any other questions regarding the subject matter of personal data protection, you can contact us at the following contact details:
Volvo Car Corporation
Post address: Volvo Car Corporation, Assar Gabrielssons Väg, SE-405 31 Gothenburg, Sweden
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify our privacy practices and update and make changes to this privacy notice at any time. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to this privacy notice on an ongoing basis. This privacy notice is current as of the date which appears at the top of the document. We will treat your personal data in a manner consistent with the privacy notice under which they were collected, unless we have your consent to treat them differently.