Global Terms and conditions for Recharge Refund
Electricity Refund Terms
Volvo Car Corporation, a Swedish company with registration number 556074-3089 located at 405 31 Gothenburg, Sweden, together with its affiliates and participating network (“Volvo Cars” or ”we”, ”us” or ”our”) would like to refund electricity costs in connection with the use of your Volvo Cars vehicle (“Electricity Refund”).
In some markets, an affiliate of Volvo Car Corporation will be the legal entity providing Electricity Refund to you. We will notify you if this applies to your participation in Electricity Refund.
Electricity Refund is only available in certain markets.
How to participate
To participate in the Electricity Refund:
- accept these Electricity Refund Terms and the Volvo Cars Terms and Conditions of Services prior to the commencement of the Refund Period.
- have a Volvo ID, an active Volvo On Call subscription and activate the ‘driver journal’ function in the Volvo Cars App.
- be the owner or Primary Driver of the Electricity Refund Vehicle.
- for persons, be at least 18 years old.
- be resident or registered in the market where the Eligible PHEV Vehicle is registered.
- own or use the Eligible PHEV Vehicle for the full Refund Period.
Electricity Refund is not available for short term rentals, or for employees, contractors, or their families of Volvo Cars and its affiliates.
In some markets, you may be required to engage with a separate Volvo Cars entity or network entity to comply with local law.
Further market specific terms may be published at a later date providing more detail on how the Electricity Refund will operate.
How will Electricity Refund work?
Definitions used in these Electricity Refund Terms:
- “Refund” means an amount calculated by multiplying the kilowatt hours up to a maximum of 3,000 kWh used in the Eligible PHEV Vehicle during the Refund Period by the Consumer Electricity Price in your country.
- “Consumer Electricity Price” means a price that consumers are charged per kWh for electricity that is set by Volvo, based on public sources of information, that is fixed for the Refund Period.
- “Eligible PHEV Vehicle” means any Volvo Cars Plug in Hybrid Electric Vehicle ordered, or in respect of Care by Volvo subscribed to, after Moment 2 (1 December 2019) and before (30 September 2020) or later date if extended by Volvo Cars.
- “Primary Driver” is defined in the Volvo Cars Terms of Services, which includes a Care by Volvo subscriber for these Electricity Refund terms.
- “Refund Period” means a maximum of 12 months from the first use of the Eligible PHEV Vehicle that takes place after the Volvo Cars App is updated to incorporate electricity usage and monitoring tools.
You can use your Volvo Cars App to see the amount of electricity used by your Electricity Refund Vehicle and an estimate of the Refund at that point in time. The actual and final amount of the Refund will be determined by Volvo Cars.
Volvo Cars can by using connectivity services of your Eligible PHEV Vehicle record the electricity usage and report this data back to you through the Volvo Cars App. The data recorded in the driver journal is only an indication of and not a perfect reading of the actual electricity consumed, and this service is provided on an ‘as is’ basis, with no form of guarantee or warranty or be available on an uninterrupted, secure or fault-free basis, or regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any of the data.
Volvo Cars requires a reasonable period following the end of the Refund Period to process and analyse the Driver Journal data before the Refund can be paid. The payment of the Refund may be subject to Third Party Specific Terms.
Any electricity consumed while the Driver Journal is disabled by you for any period(s) during the Refund Period will be excluded from the Refund.
The Electricity Refund is non-transferrable and not available in the event the vehicle is sold to a third party or second owner, or for CbV the subscription ends or is terminated within the Refund Period. If more than one Volvo ID is connected to the Electricity Vehicle, only one Refund will be paid.
Disclaimer and liability
Volvo uses commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that Electricity Refund is available for all eligible users but cannot be held liable in the event Electricity Refund is not available or for any damage incurred by any Primary Driver in connection with the use of Electricity Refund.
Volvo Cars reserve the right to withdraw or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without liability for doing so.
If you have any questions regarding Electricity Refund, please contact us at: