AdBlue is mostly made up of water (approx. 67.5% water and 32.5% urea). This fluid is not flammable, but it should be handled with care as it may irritate the eyes and skin.
To bear in mind when handling
Avoid inhaling vapours, and contact with the eyes and skin. Ideally, wear gloves to prevent irritation of sensitive skin when handling the fluid.
Action for first aid:
- For inhalation - get fresh air.
- For skin contact - wash the skin with soap and water.
- For contact with the eyes - rinse immediately with a lot of water.
- For ingestion - rinse the mouth thoroughly. Do not induce vomiting.
Seek medical attention if the discomfort remains or if a large quantity has been ingested.
What to do in the event of spillage
Any AdBlue spilt on the ground, the car or painted surfaces must be flushed with copious amounts of water. Do not allow the fluid to escape into drains.
AdBlue must be stored in tightly closed original packaging at a temperature above –11 °C (12 °F) and below 30 °C (86 °F). The fluid must not be stored in direct sunlight.
AdBlue freezes at –11 °C (12 °F) but can be used again when the solution has thawed.