For basic use and navigation, read how the system is operated and menu navigation.
To use the apps, the car must first be connected to the Internet.
A symbol is shown in the upper right-hand corner of the screen when the car is connected to the Internet. If no Internet connection is available then this will be advised in the screen.
Data is transferred when using the internet (data traffic), which can have a cost.
Activation of data roaming can result in further charges.
Contact your network operator about the cost for data traffic.
Press in the centre console and select Apps to display available apps1. Select an app in the list and start with OK/MENU.
The apps are downloaded from the Internet to the car and are run from there. The apps load (are updated) each time that they are started, which means that an Internet connection is required each time an app is used.
The apps share the car's location information
Some apps require location information. The apps use GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) to locate the car, which means that the car's position may also be sent to Volvo's service providers. The service providers work on behalf of Volvo and may only process location information to the extent required in order to provide the service. All subcontractors are bound by agreements requiring them to observe confidentiality and to treat location information in accordance with legislation in force.
Some apps/services require a login. There are two types:
- Certain apps may require registration with the app/service provider. When the app starts you are informed about any need to log in. Follow the onscreen instructions to register or use an existing account to log in.
- Certain apps/services require a login with a personal Volvo ID. Register or use an existing account and get access to a number of beneficial services, e.g. send an address from a map service on the Internet directly to a navigation app or Volvo's navigation system*2. For more information and how you create an account, see Volvo ID.
Navigation services give road information which leads to a preset destination. However, not all of the recommended guidance is always guaranteed as reliable, since situations may arise that lie outside the capacity and judgement of the system, such as sudden changes in the weather.
Observe the following.
- Direct all your attention to the road and make sure that all your concentration is on driving.
- Follow applicable traffic legislation and drive with good judgment.
- Due to weather conditions or time of year affecting the road conditions, some recommendations may be less reliable.