Press on the right-hand keypad on the steering wheel and say one of the following commands:
- “Navigation” - Initiates a navigation dialogue and shows examples of commands.
- "Take me home" - Guidance is given to the Home position.
- "Go to [City]" - Specifies a city as a destination. Example "Drive to London".
- "Go to [Address]" - Specifies an address as a destination. An address must contain city and street. Example "Drive to 5 King's Road, London".
- "Add intersection" - Starts a dialogue where two streets must be specified. The intersection point of the specified streets then becomes the destination.
- "Go to [Post code]" - Specifies a post code as a destination. Example "Drive to 1 2 3 4 5".
- "Go to [contact]" - Specifies an address from the phone book as a destination. Example "Drive to Robyn Smith".
In order to find addresses in the map database, they must have been entered correctly in the phone book, e.g. without spelling mistakes and abbreviations. Go to wego.here.com for spell-checking.
- "Search [POI category]" - Searches for adjacent points of interest (POI) within a certain category (e.g. restaurants). To have the list sorted along the route - say "Along the route" when the results list is shown.
The user has the option of calling the POI or specifying it as a destination.
- "Search [POI category] in [City]" - Searches for points of interest (POI) within a certain category and city. The list of results is sorted according to the city's central point. Example "Search for restaurant in London".
- "Search [POI name]". Example "Search Kielder Forest".
- "Change country/Change state,
In European countries, “Country” is used instead of “State”." - Changes the search area for navigation.
For Brazil and India, the search area is changed via the centre display.
- "Show favourites" – Shows saved positions in the driver display.
- "Clear itinerary" - Erases all the stored intermediate destinations and final destination in an itinerary.
- "Repeat voice guidance" - Repeats the last spoken guidance.
- "Turn off voice guidance" - Switches off voice guidance.
- "Turn on voice guidance" - Starts the switched-off voice guidance.
The following commands can generally be used, regardless of the situation:
- "Repeat" - repeats the last voice instruction in the ongoing dialogue.
- "Help" - starts a help dialogue. The system replies with the commands available in the current situation, a prompt or an example.
- It is possible to stop voice control both when the system is silent and when it is speaking.
- "Cancel" – stops the dialogue when the system is silent.
- Give a long press on until two beep tones are heard – the dialogue stops, even if the system is speaking.
When an address is entered, the search area is defined as the search area preset in the navigation system. It is possible to switch to a different search area. If the new search area uses a different language to the selected system language, the system will automatically switch to a different recognition engine. Therefore, state the address in the language used in the new search area.
Note that addresses can only be searched for the country or state that the navigation system is preset for. To search for addresses in another country or state you first need to change search area.
Not all system languages support voice recognition. The ones that do are highlighted with the symbol in the list of available system languages. Read more about where the information can be found in the section on settings for voice recognition.