Voice commands allow the driver to concentrate on driving and focus attention on the road and traffic situation.
The driver always holds overall responsibility for driving the vehicle in a safe manner and complying with all applicable rules of the road.
The voice recognition system allows the driver to voice-activate certain functions in the multimedia system, in the radio, in a Bluetooth®-connected mobile phone or in Volvo's navigation system*, while the driver can keep his/her hands on the steering wheel at the same time.
Voice recognition control takes place in dialogue form with spoken commands from the user and verbal response from the system.
The voice recognition system uses the same microphone as the Bluetooth® handsfree system, see Bluetooth® handsfree phone - overview, and the voice recognition system's replies come via the car's speakers.
Getting started with voice recognition
Steering wheel keypad.
- Press the button for voice recognition (1) in order to activate the system and initiate a dialogue with voice commands. The system will then display commonly used commands in the screen in the centre console.
Keep the following things in mind when you use the voice recognition system:
- For a command - speak after the tone, with normal voice at normal speed.
- Do not speak while the system is replying (the system cannot understand commands during this time).
- Avoid background noise in the passenger compartment by keeping doors, windows and the sunroof* closed.
If the driver is unsure of which command to use, he/she can say "Help" - the system then responds with several different commands which can be used in the current situation.
Voice recognition can be disabled by:
- saying "Cancel"
- Press EXIT or another main source button (e.g. MEDIA).
Voice recognition system volume is adjusted using the centre console's VOL control when the system is speaking.
Connecting a mobile phone
Before voice commands to a mobile phone can be used the mobile phone must be registered and connected via Bluetooth® handsfree. If a telephone command is given and no mobile phone is connected then the system will provide information about this. For information on registering and connecting a mobile phone, see Registering a Bluetooth® device.