Check tyre pressure
Take out the tyre sealing equipment. The compressor must be switched off.
Unscrew the tyre's dust cap.
Take out the air hose and screw in the valve connection to the bottom of the thread on the tyre's air valve.
Read the tyre pressure on the pressure gauge.
- If the tyre pressure is below 1.3 barthen the tyre is insufficiently sealed. The journey should not be continued. Contact a tyre centre.
1 bar = 100 kPa.
- If the tyre pressure is higher than 1.3 bar
1 bar = 100 kPa., the tyre must be inflated to the pressure specified in accordance with the tyre pressure table, see Tyres - approved tyre pressures.
- Release air using the pressure reducing valve if the tyre pressure is too high.
If the tyre needs to be inflated:
- Plug the electrical cable into the closest 12 V socket and start the car.
- Start the compressor and inflate the tyre to the pressure specified in accordance with the tyre pressure table.
- Switch off the compressor.
Remove the tyre sealing equipment, fit the protective cap on the air hose and fold the hose in the box.
Do not unscrew the bottle, it is equipped with a reverse catch to prevent leakage.
Refit the dust cap on the tyre.
- After a tyre has been inflated, always refit the dust cap in order to avoid damage to the valve from gravel, dirt, etc.
- Only use plastic dust caps. Metal dust caps can rust and become difficult to unscrew.
The sealing fluid bottle and the hose must be replaced after use. Volvo recommends that this replacement is performed by an authorised Volvo workshop.
Check the tyre pressure regularly.
Volvo recommends that the car is driven to the nearest authorised Volvo workshop for the replacement/repair of the damaged tyre. Advise the workshop that the tyre contains sealing fluid.
You should not drive faster than 80 km/h(50 mph) after the emergency tyre repair kit has been used. Volvo recommends a visit to an authorised Volvo workshop for inspection of the sealed tyre (maximum driving distance is 200 km). The staff there can determine whether or not the tyre can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced.