Examples of things that can reduce the RSI function:
- Faded signs
- Signs positioned on bends
- Rotated or damaged signs
- Signs positioned high above the roadway
- Fully/partially obscured or poorly positioned signs
- signs completely or partly covered with frost, snow and/or dirt
- digital road mapsare out of date or inaccurate.
In cars equipped with Sensus Navigation.
The RSI function can interpret some types of bicycle rack (connected to the electrical socket for trailers) as a connected trailer. In such cases the driver may be shown incorrect speed information.
The function uses the car's camera unit, which has some general limitations, see the "Limitations for camera unit" section.