Voice recognition is comprehensively described in the sections "Voice recognition", "Using voice recognition" and "Settings for voice recognition".
The following are some examples of voice commands that are unique to map navigation.
Press the steering wheel button and say one of the following commands:
- “Navigation” - Initiates a navigation dialogue and shows examples of commands.
- "Take me home" - Guidance is given to the Home position.
- "Go to[City]" - Specifies a town as the destination. E.g. "Drive to Coventry".
- "Go to[Address]" - Specifies an address as a destination. An address should contain city and street. E.g. "Drive to 5 King Street, Coventry".
- "Set[intersection]" - Specifies an intersection as a destination. Search for intersection takes place within the search area specified.
- "Go to[Post code]" - Specifies a post code as the destination. E.g. "Drive to LE5 4PQ".
- "Go to[contact]" - Specifies an address from the telephone book as the destination. E.g. "Drive to Robin Smith".
- "Search[POI category]" - Searches for POIcategory (e.g. restaurant), which are always sorted "around the car". To sort the list along the route - say "Along the route" when the result list is shown.
The user has the option of calling the POI or specifying it as a destination.
- "Set [country]/[state],
In European countries, “Country” is used instead of “State”." - Changes the search area for navigation.
For Brazil and India, the search area is changed via the centre display.
- "Show favourites" - Shows favourited positions in the driver display.
- "Clear itinerary" - Erases all the stored intermediate destinations and final destination in an itinerary.
- "Repeat voice guidance" - Repeats the last spoken guidance.
- "Pause guidance" - Pauses the guidance on the map.
- "Resume guidance" - Resumes the paused guidance on the map.
- "Turn off voice guidance" - Switches off voice guidance.
- "Turn on voice guidance" - Starts the switched-off voice guidance.