It is possible activate the function in the Volvo On Call app twice in succession, after that the car has to be started with the key before you can activate the function via the app again.
Remote start of the car also activates functions such as seat heating, heated rearview and door mirrors and rear window.
Points to remember when using remote start of the car
The following requirements must be met before the function is used:
- The car is locked.
- There are no car keys in the car.
- The bonnet is locked.
- The car is parked and the gearbox is in Park.
- The engine is not running.
- The car is under supervision.
- There are no people or animals in or around the car.
- The car is not parked inside an enclosed space/area without sufficient ventilation.
- There is no risk to anyone who is in direct contact with the car (e.g. during a service in a workshop or children playing near the car).
- By law, use of the function is permitted at the set time.
The system will also check the following before starting the car:
- Engine status is OK (no critical fault codes).
- Sufficient fuel level (more than 8 litres (2.11 US gallons)).
You will also find user recommendations in the Volvo On Call app.
For safety reasons, it is not possible to drive the car after it has been remote started via the Volvo On Call app. The function will be active until you depress the brake pedal and turn the ignition dial.