For information about overheating when driving with a trailer, see Driving with a trailer.
- Remove any auxiliary lamps from in front of the grille when driving in hot climates.
- If the temperature in the engine's cooling system is too high then a warning symbol is illuminated and a text message High engine temperature Stop safely is shown in the combined instrument panel's information display - stop the car in a safe way and allow the engine to run at idling speed for several minutes in order to cool down.
- If the text message High engine temperature Turn off engine or Engine coolant level low Stop safely is shown then the engine must be switched off after stopping the car.
- In the event of overheating in the gearbox a built-in protection function is activated, which is indicated in the combined instrument panel with a warning symbol and the text message Transmission hot Reduce speed or Transmission hot Stop safely Wait for cooling - follow the recommendation given and lower the speed and stop the car in a safe way and allow the engine to run at idling speed for a few minutes in order to allow the gearbox to cool down.
- If the car overheats, the air conditioning may be switched off temporarily.
- Do not turn the engine off immediately you stop after a hard drive.
It is normal for the engine's cooling fan to operate for a time after the engine has been switched off.