The child seat is specially designed to provide children with good safety, together with the car's seatbelt. The seat cushion can be raised in two positions depending on the weight of the child.
The child seat is approved for children weighing between 15 and 36 kg and at least 95 cm tall.
Correct position, the seatbelt should be positioned in on the shoulder.
Incorrect positioning, the seatbelt must not be placed beneath the shoulder.
Check before driving that:
- the seat cushion is raised to the correct position for the weight of the child
- the seat cushion in locked in position
- the seatbelt is in contact with the child's body and is not slack or twisted
- the seatbelt does not lie across the child's throat or below the shoulder (see preceding illustrations)
- the lap section of the seatbelt is positioned low over the pelvis to provide optimal protection.
Volvo recommends that repair or replacement of the integrated child seat is only performed by an authorised Volvo workshop. Do not make any modifications or additions to the child seat. If an integrated child seat has been subjected to a heavy load, e.g. in connection with a collision, then the seat cushion, seatbelt and backrest, or possibly the whole seat, must be replaced. Even if the child seat appears to be undamaged, it may not afford the same level of protection. This also applies if the seat cushion was in lowered position during a collision or similar. The seat cushion must also be replaced if it is heavily worn.
If the instructions for the integrated child seat are not followed then the child could sustain serious injury in the event of an accident.