Find car with the Lights & Horn function
Go to the Map tab.
Both your own position and that of your car are marked on the map.
If you need additional help to see where the car is located, e.g. in a large car park, you can get the car to sound its horn and/or flash its lights by selecting one of the following:
- Lamps for flashing
- Lights & Horn to both honk the horn and flash the lights
This activates the car’s horn and/or hazard warning lights for a couple of seconds. The function works within a radius of approximately 500 metres from the carMay vary depending on market..
Limitations for finding car with the Volvo On Call app
If the Volvo On Call app does not show a precise position for the car then this may be due to the following causes:
- The present position of the car has poor or no GPS visibility, e.g. in an inside car park. In such cases, the latest position received is used as the approximate position.
- The car could not transmit data to Volvo On Call's servers when you last parked it. The position is sent to your Volvo every time you park your car. If the car has no mobile coverage then the latest position has not been registered - so it is not visible in the app either. This can occur if the car is parked in e.g. a garage with poor mobile coverage.
- Volvo On Call uses GPS technology to locate the car. The GPS coordinates are translated into addresses which are easy to understand, e.g. street names, which is why it might look like your car is parked on a street in the local area if, for example, it is parked in a nearby parking garage without GPS coverage.
- The car's position is not shown when the car is not in use.
- If the car shows incorrect position on the map, a simpler calibration can take place by locking the car and remaining stationary for 15-30 seconds. If this does not help, visit an authorised Volvo workshop to have the antenna unit checked/calibrated.