PAP first checks if a space is large enough and if so steers the car into the space.
The centre display indicates with symbols, graphics and text the various operations to be carried out and when to do so.
- The PAP function is supplementary driver support intended to facilitate driving and make it safer – it cannot handle all situations in all traffic, weather and road conditions.
- Be particularly aware of people and animals near the car.
- PAP is not a substitute for the driver's attention and judgement. The driver is always responsible for ensuring the car is driven in a safe manner, at the appropriate speed, with an appropriate distance to other vehicles, and in accordance with current traffic rules and regulations.
The PAP function measures the space and steers the car - the driver's task is to:
- keep a close watch around the car
- follow the instructions in the centre display
- select gear (reverse/forward) - a "ping" sound indicates when the driver should change gear
- control and maintain a safe speed
- brake and stop.