Example of camera view.
The park assist camera is a support function which is activated automatically when reverse gear is selected or manually in the centre display.
- The ability of the park assist cameras to clearly reproduce the surroundings in all zones around the car can be affected by the conditions during use.
- Pay particular attention if there are people and animals near the car.
- Bear in mind that the front of the car may swing out towards oncoming traffic during the parking manoeuvre.
- Objects/obstacles may be closer to the car than they appear to be on the screen.
- The function is supplementary driver support intended to facilitate driving and make it safer – it cannot handle all situations in all traffic, weather and road conditions.
- The driver is advised to read all sections in the Owner's Manual that relate to this function to learn about factors such as its limitations and what the driver should be aware of before using the system.
- Driver support functions are not a substitute for the driver's attention and judgement. The driver is always responsible for ensuring the car is driven in a safe manner, at the appropriate speed, with an appropriate distance to other vehicles, and in accordance with current traffic rules and regulations.