Booster cushions/child seats with steel braces or some other design that could rest on the seatbelt buckle's opening button must not be used, as they could cause the seatbelt buckle to open accidentally.
Do not secure the straps for the child seat into the seat's horizontal adjustment bar or in springs, rails or beams under the seat. Sharp edges may damage the straps.
Do not allow the upper section of the child seat to rest against the windscreen.
When using child safety equipment, it is important to read the installation instructions included.
In the event of questions when fitting child safety equipment, contact the manufacturer for clearer instructions.
Never leave a child seat loose in the car. Always secure it according to the instructions for the child seat, even when it is not in use.
Observe caution when fitting child restraint systems so that sharp edges or protruding parts of the child restraint system do not scratch the interior of the car.
Long-term installation and use of child seats may cause wear and tear on the car's fittings. Volvo recommends using the kick guard accessory to protect the car's fittings.
Regardless of location
- Only use child seats that are recommended by Volvo, are universally approved or are semi-universal, and where the car is included on the manufacturer's vehicle list.
- If the child seat is equipped with support legs, always fit the support leg/support legs directly to the floor. Never fit a support leg to a footrest or other object.
- When fitting adjustable child seats, the child seat must be adjusted so that the older the child is, the more upright the position is.
Installation in the front seat
- When fitting rear-facing child seats, check that the passenger airbag is deactivated.
- When fitting front-facing child seats, check that the passenger airbag is activated.
- ISOFIX child seats can only be fitted when the car is equipped with the ISOFIX consoleVaries depending on market. accessory.
- The passenger seat is equipped with the ISOFIX fixture system and is approved for i-SizeVaries depending on market..
- The passenger seat is equipped with upper mounting pointVaries depending on market.. Volvo recommends that child seat's upper straps should be pulled through the hole in the head restraint before being tensioned at the mounting point. If this is not possible, follow the recommendations from the child seat manufacturer.
- If the child seat is equipped with lower straps, Volvo recommends that the lower mounting points are used with theseVaries depending on market..
- The ISOFIX guide can be used in order to facilitate child seat installation.
Installation in the rear seat
- A child seat with support legs must not be fitted in the centre seat.
- The outer seats are equipped with the ISOFIX fixture system and are approved for i-SizeVaries depending on market..
- The outer seats are equipped with upper mounting points. Volvo recommends that child seat's upper straps should be pulled through the hole in the head restraint before being tensioned at the mounting point. If this is not possible, follow the recommendations from the child seat manufacturer.
- If the child seat is equipped with lower straps, never adjust the position of the seat in front after the straps have been fitted in the lower mounting points. Always remember to remove the lower straps when the child seat is not installed.
With the installation of an infant seat in the rear seat, Volvo recommends a distance of at least 50 mm (2 tum) from the front part of the infant seat to the rearmost part of the seat in front.