- Ensure that your apps are updated.
- When starting the car, wait until the centre display has started, connect the device and then open Android Auto from the app view.
- In the event of problems with Android Auto, disconnect your Android device from the USB port and then reconnect via USB. Otherwise, try closing the app on the device and then restarting the app.
- When a device is connected to Android Auto it is still possible to playback media via Bluetooth to another media player. The Bluetooth function is on when Android Auto is used.
- If the icon for Android Auto is greyed out, this means no device is connected. When you connect your device the icon will be illuminated. If the icon is not visible at all then the car does not have support for connecting a device for this purpose.
- If the device is connected to the car via Bluetooth, the connection will be interrupted when Android Auto is used. Resume the Internet connection in the car by sharing the Internet via the Wi-Fi hotspot from the device.
Tips for using Android Auto*
Here are some useful tips for using Android AutoAvailability may vary depending on market..