Wireless phone charger in the tunnel console.
Wireless charging may affect the operation of an implanted pacemaker or other medical devices. If you have one, it is recommended to consult with your doctor before using the wireless charging system.
You can switch the charging plate on and off via the function view in the centre display. The default mode is that the charging plate is not activated. When the charging plate is switched on, a message is shown about the risks to users with an implanted pacemaker or other devices that could be affected by the charging plate. Confirm that the charging plate should be switched on in the centre display.
To use the wireless charging plate:
Check that the charging plate is switched on in the function view of the centre display.
Remove all other objects from the charging plate and position the phone in the centre of the charging plate.
Phone charging is started and the symbol is shown at the top in the centre display.
Avoid storing cards with Near Field Communication (NFC), such as debit cards for contactless payment, together with the phone. This type of card can be destroyed when charging is in progress.
Some phones may become hot during wireless charging. This is normal.
If the phone does not charge:
- Check that the charging pad is switched on in the centre display.
- Check that the charging plate is free from other objects.
- Check that the phone supports wireless charging (Qi).
- Remove the case from the phone if one is fitted.
- Lift the phone and position it in the centre of the charging plate once again.
- Check that the car is running.
- Check that your phone has not slid off the charging pad while driving.
- If battery temperature becomes too high during charging, the charging function is deactivated.
- If any of the doors are opened, charging is interrupted for several seconds.
If the phone is positioned incorrectly, or if objects prevent charging on the charging plate, a message is shown in the centre display.
Keep the phone and charging plate free of other objects while charging to avoid overheating.