Activate an option
After highlighting a desired function/menu bar using the thumbwheel or the TUNE knob, press the thumbwheel/OK to see the next level of functions/options.
Entering text with the character wheel
The character wheel.
- Highlight a text field.
- Press OK to call up the character wheel.
- Select the characters using the thumbwheel/TUNE knob and enter them by pressing thumbwheel/OK once.
Typing in using the numerical keyboard
Another way of entering characters is to use the centre console's buttons 0-9, * and #.
When e.g. 9 is pressed, a bar appears with all charactersThe character for each button may vary depending on market/country/language. under the buttons, e.g. W, x, y, z and 9. Quick presses on the button move cursor through these characters.
- Stop with the cursor on the desired character in order to select it - the character is shown on the enter line.
- Delete/change using EXIT.
Additional options that, amongst other things, provide more characters and digits, are available in the character wheel's inset menu:
- 123/ABC + OK - the character wheel switches between numbers and characters.
- MORE + OK - alternative characters are shown in the wheel.
- => + OK - moves the cursor to the list on the right-hand side of the screen where selections can be made with OK.
Car model/model year
S60, V60 and XC60 from and including model year 2014 to and including 2018Equipped with Sensus Connect.
V40, V70, XC70 and S80 from and including model year 2015 to and including 2019Equipped with Sensus Connect.
The range of models, systems and services may vary depending on market.
For car models from and including model year 2020, see on-line manual for the model concerned.