Information Notice – Social Media
Volvo Car Corporation, a Swedish legal entity with company registration number 556074-3089 with address 405 31, Göteborg, Sweden, hereinafter referred to as “Volvo Cars”, “we”, “our” and “us”, will as controller process your personal data as described below.Purpose and legal basis for processing
We process the personal data that you provide to us through
- direct communication (by your posting on our social media accounts or by sending a direct message), and
- indirect communication (by referencing one of our products or services or in any other way where Volvo, our associates and business partners are mentioned (mainly name or user name)).
The purpose of our processing is to communicate with you in connection with direct or indirect communication addressed to us. For this purpose we will use a third party application provided by our service partner to store and process your personal data (name, user name and the personal data contained in your communication).
The legal basis for our processing of direct communication as described above is your consent which you provide by communicating with us directly. You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data at any time. Please direct a request for withdrawal of consent to Volvo Cars using the contact information on https://www.volvocars.com/intl/v/legal/privacy.
The legal basis for our processing of indirect communication is that this processing is necessary for our legitimate interest.
Disclosure / Recipient of your personal data / Transfer
Your personal data will be disclosed to and processed by our service partner which is located outside EEA. The transfer of your personal data outside EEA will be made with the basis of the Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission – safeguarding your personal data.
We will store and process your personal data for up to twelve (12) months from our collection of your personal data.
Your rights and contact information
For more information on your rights in relation to our processing of your personal data and contact details for further information and complaints as well as contact details to our Data Protection Officer, please visit https://www.volvocars.com/intl/v/legal/privacy
SOCIAL MEDIA HOUSE RULES
Comments made by the community do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Volvo Cars, nor does Volvo Cars confirm their accuracy.
In accordance with the platform Terms and Conditions, industry codes of practice and our own commitment to the Volvo Cars community, we always reserve the right to delete disruptive, profane or socially irresponsible comments and uploads. Furthermore, we reserve the right to block persistently disruptive users and report them for further investigation to the relevant authorities.
Specifically, we do not tolerate posts of this kind:
- Abusive, harassing, stalking, threatening or attacking others
- Defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar or depicting violence
- Hateful in language targeting race/ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation or political belief
- Fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or unlawful
- Trolling or deliberate disruption of discussion
- Violations of any intellectual property rights
- Spamming in nature
- Uploading files that contain viruses or programs that could damage the operation of other people’s computers
- Commercial solicitation or solicitation of donations
- Link baiting (embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to your own site)
- Uploads containing personal data. This includes, but is not limited to, phone numbers, VIN numbers, addresses, email addresses, social security numbers, license plates etc.
We love seeing and receiving photos and videos from our community. Please remember that we only accept photos and videos where the license or number plate is not visible. If the license or number plate is visible (even partially), then we are obliged to delete the photo or video from our social channels. This ensures that we do not violate anyone’s integrity and that we comply with rules and regulations around privacy.