Screen view with text field or optional text.
Activate an option
After marking a desired function/menu bar using the TUNE knob, press OK/MENU to see the next level of functions/options.
Enter with the character wheel
- Mark a text field.
- Press OK/MENU to call up the character wheel.
- Select the characters using the TUNE knob and enter them by pressing OK/MENU.
Enter with the numerical keys
NOTE: The figure is schematic - details may vary depending on car model and market.
Another way of entering characters is using the centre console's buttons 0-9, * and #.
When 9 is pressed, a bar appears with all charactersThe character for each button may vary depending on market. under the buttons, e.g. w, x, y, z and 9. Quick presses on the button move the cursor through these characters.
- Stop using the cursor on the desired character to select it - the character is shown on the enter line.
- Delete/change using EXIT.
Faded characters cannot be selected in combination with the currently input characters.
In the character wheel's inset menu there are further options that have more characters and digits:
- 123/ABC + OK/MENU - the character wheel switches between numbers and characters.
- MORE + OK/MENU - alternative characters are shown in the wheel.
- => + OK/MENU - the cursor moves to the list on the right-hand side of the screen, where selections can be made using OK/MENU.
- Postcode + OK/MENU - the cursor moves to the list on the right-hand side of the screen, where selections can be made using OK/MENU, see Specify destination with postcode.
List of options
List that matches entered characters.
A search will list the possible options based on input information.
The digit "149" in the screen's top right-hand corner means that the list contains 149 possible options that match the entered letters "LON".
An empty list and the characters "***" in the screen's top right-hand corner mean that the number of available options with current entered characters is greater than 1000 - when the amount is less, the current options are shown automatically.
Enter more characters in the text row to reduce the number of alternatives in the list.