Examples of this are:
- If the car is equipped with extra equipment that affects the car's weight.
- The driver's driving style.
- If the customer has specified wheels larger than those fitted as standard on the model's basic version, then rolling resistance increases.
- High speed results in increased wind resistance.
- Fuel quality, road and traffic conditions, weather and the condition of the car.
A combination of the above-mentioned examples can result in significantly improved consumption.
Extreme weather conditions, driving with a trailer or driving at high altitudes in combination with fuel grade are factors that could affect the car's performance.