- When the indicator lamp (6) is green the Alcolock is ready for use.
- Withdraw the Alcolock from its holder. If the Alcolock is outside the car when it is unlocked then it must first be activated with the switch (2).
- Fold up the nozzle (1), take a deep breath and blow with an even pressure until a "click" is heard after approx. 5 seconds. The result will be one of the alternatives in the following table Result after breath test.
- If no message is shown then the transmission to the car may have failed - in which case, press the button (3) to transmit the result to the car manually.
- Fold down the nozzle and refit the Alcolock in its holder.
- Start the engine following an approved breath test within 5 minutes - otherwise it must be repeated.
Result after breath test
Indicator lamp (5) + Display text
Green lamp + Alcoguard Approved test
Start the engine - no alcohol content measured.
Yellow lamp + Alcoguard Approved test
Engine starting possible - measured alcohol content is above 0.1 promille but below the limit value in forceLimit values vary from country to country. Find out what applies in your country. See also Alcolock - to bear in mind.
Red lamp + Disapproved test Wait 1 minute to try again
Engine starting not possible - measured alcohol content is above the limit value in forceLimit values vary from country to country. Find out what applies in your country. See also Alcolock - to bear in mind.
After a completed period of driving, the engine can be restarted within 30 minutes without a new breath test.